Good flight to Singapore. Singapore airlines were absolutely amazing with the kids, so friendly and helpful, and gave Lucas a birthday cake. However his face dropped a mile when we discovered it was a rich fruit cake, and not chocolate!
Was not impressed though before we left Chch, as I thought I was very clever having travel size toiletries in my day pack, but putting a brand new tub of hand cream in there, which I can't live without, and having to surrender it going through customs as it was a 200ml tub! I was ready to launch into an argument about how much I need it, but looking at his face, I thought it would be wise to move on quickly!
Anyway, Singapore was lovely - very hot, but we all thought the city was beautiful. We had a full day there yesterday and met up with Kieron (brother-in-law on business there) in the morning, and spent the day sightseeing with him. Kieron gave Stefan a challenge, which Stefan nervously accepted and left Kieron gobsmacked, and now uncle Kieron is short 5 euro! Sorry Leonie! The photo of his challenge is attached.
So anyway, we had a look round downtown, through the gardens, and then out to Sentosa Island. Nicolette unfortunately got a bit of heat stroke so we had to stop for a while. But she soon got some colour back in her face. The hostel we stayed in was rather basic, noisy and a bit uncomfortable, thankfully it was only one night, but the staff were very friendly and helpful and bent over backwards to help us out. In fact when our taxi van was running late to take us back to the airport he phoned them and had 2 regular taxis sent promptly to us and he negotiated a good price too. 2 cabs at less than half the cost of the taxi van.
Long flight to Munich last night - none of us really get alot of sleep on the plane. Its hard to believe its only 11am. Feels like it should be teatime! We took the train into town from the airport, and the silly man at the airport told us to get off at the wrong station in town, leaving us with a long walk with all our luggage, to get to our hotel! And somewhere along the way I dropped my watch! Now I'm driving Glen mad asking what the time is all the time! Its a public holiday in Germany today, so nothing is open, so I guess I'll be out shopping for a new watch tomorrow!
So, what I've learnt so far, none of the kids are good travellers so far (yes, we've had vomit), Singapore is uncomfortably hot, and jetlag is a killer! I'm sure things will get better from here!
I MIIISSSSSS YYYOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKieron just rang and told me about that challenge, good on Stefan for doing that, good size snake as well. Have fun y'all.
ReplyDeleteWow Stefan good job! I'm not sure that I would do that.
ReplyDeleteWAH I wish i was there i so would have loved to have a giant snake around my neck!!!!
ReplyDeleteHehehe maia here...
hope you have a good time!
:P