Wow, what a city. We all love it here! We've had a great day out exploring Munich and the weather has been perfect! So much history here, and incredible architecture, and even though all the shops are shut for the public holiday, the kids have really loved looking round. We went into the gardens also and watched the really funny surfers in the river! Apparently its on youtube, but very funny to watch. However, we then wandered further into the gardens, and the kids had an eye-opening experience! Yes, amongst the hundreds of people playing and picnicking in the park on this beautiful warm sunny day, were a significant number of naturists confidently strutting their stuff! This has had quite an effect on Lucas who has been parading naked round the hotel room waiting for his turn in the shower, and upsetting his siblings!
Speaking of Lucas, I'm waiting for him to crash! We are all quite shattered after 2 long flights, with 2 action packed days and no quality sleep since we left home, with the exception of Lucas, who is like the energiser bunny, and just keeps going and going and going ......
However, the room we are staying in tonight, is a significant step up from what we had in Singapore, and we are all looking forward to some quality sleep tonight.
Tomorrow we pick up the campervan and start making our way to Paris. We are taking a few days to get there, stopping at Stuttgart and Strausbourg and don't yet know whether we'll have internet access along the way.
Oh, and for those of you I left my mobile number with - (not that you'd want to call it overseas), I can't use my phone! A bit annoyed as I bought it a few weeks ago and specifically asked Telecom for a phone I could use overseas, and the sales lady went through the list of countries we are visiting, assured me it would do the job, advised me to put heaps of credit on my phone which I did, and now I cant use it here! Apparently I need global roaming set up, which I thought she had done for me - but not? So Scott, if you are reading this, can you help me out here?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah, the Kiwis being exposed to German culture. Good :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you've made it in one piece.
Your adventure has begun.
ReplyDeleteWe are enjoying reading your travel experiences so far.
Bad luck about losing your watch Dianna -hopefully you have now bought yourself a replacement one.
Next stop -Six in a campervan - can't wait to hear how that works out!