Sunday, May 30, 2010

Xanthe - my trip so far..

So far I'm enjoying the trip alot. Singapore was nice but far too hot! Sentosa Island was even hotter but the aquarium was really awesome. There was a Dugong! The long flight to Germany was not so awesome though, at least I got some sleep. Germany was hot too, also quite old and historical. We drove to Strasbourg in our new rented campervan and then took a long drive to Paris. Paris was really cool. The Arc de Triomphe wsa big and Eiffel Tower was crowded but they were both really interesting. I bought an Eiffel Tower necklace and some souvenirs. The campground we are staying in now is extremely awesome, there is an outside pool with islands and water slides and a steamy inside pool with warm water and lots of space. I'm loving the trip and can't wait for Spain.



Me standing by the Eiffel Tower


Feeding the cows at the campground near Gunzburg Germany

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're having such a great time over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay a Dugong!!!! I love them!!! those cows are cute man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're having a good time Xanthe, and so happy that you're getting to see lots of animals. Don't go near any bull-fighting in Spain though, that's REALLY cruel! Can't wait to see the Eiffel Tower necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I am jealous as! OMG you actually saw a DOUGONG!!! They are so cute! It's so good to hear that you're havin a great time there, but here it is the complete OPPISITE of Singapore and Sentosa Island, as it is absoloutley FREEZING! The rain has cleared away(hopefully) for good and the sun is trying to shine through the clouds so it isn't too bad but it is still cold cold cold! Anyway sounds like the camp ground your staying in is amazing, the pool sounds mean! I can't wait to see those souvenirs not to mention the necklace coz I bet it's beautiful!Anyways, better sign off here, so bye for now and can't wait to hear all about the exciting adventures still to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Eiffiel tower-yes I remeber it well, it was totally freezing when I was there and there were many beggars, mostly Bosnian women
    I loved Bordeaux, did you see the inner city trma/trains and the black granite water installation down by the river-wonderful.
    The campervan sounds like everything we had imagined and more....remember your goal...
    Til next time- Mrs F

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Xanthe buenos dias
    We wish we could be you right now! We hope you are having a great time wherever you are.How's the Spanish going?!
    Nothing much has changed here. The student leaders all miss yuou especially Caleb!
    We're planning to do Milos for winter at the moment and have made some RUBBISH posters to put around the school.We hope they work.
    Until next time,
    caleb,james.danielle,ceri,trudy,zivana, jack, terri,terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. COWS I LOVE COWS (in case u didnt no) missing u heaps.Rebecca

    ReplyDelete